Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! We have tested a wide range of products and have found the ones that are the safest and most effective. We use only eco-friendly products by default. For tougher grime, we ask our clients for permission to pull out the heavy-duty cleaners, on a one-time or as-needed basis. By providing our own quality supplies, we eliminate this burden for our clients and are certain to have the right products for the job. Have allergies? They’re no matches for our vacuum’s HEPA filtration system.
Yes! We have been a licensed business since 2000. We are bonded for up to $10,000.00 upon conviction and carry general insurance for up to $2,000,000.00. Please feel free to ask our office for the most current copy of our Certificate of Liability Insurance, or any other info you wish to review.
In a word: thorough! We hire slowly and carefully to select only the best applicants whose work history shows strong customer service and longevity. They must wow us at every stage of the hiring process: in-depth application and interview, nationwide criminal background check, and multiple reference checks. That’s just the beginning! Each team member passes tests on products, techniques and safety before entering the field. Now they’re finally ready for our roughly 80 hour training program!
We start by performing a one-time deeper Initial Cleaning, after which you have the option to schedule a discounted Recurring Service on a regular day/time with a default cleaner. To get started, please submit a quote request via our website, or contact us by phone or email. Upon receiving your quote, please let us know which of the offered pricing options you prefer, and which days work to schedule the Initial Cleaning. We’ll take it from there!
Yes and no. You’ll be assigned a default cleaner for recurring service. In the rare event of vacation/sick days, we’ll let you know who’s coming instead. Ongoing schedule changes do happen occasionally, in which case we’ll provide advanced notice. Most clients love every cleaner they get. If you’re not absolutely thrilled, rest assured that we are certain to have another cleaner who is right for you. We won’t be satisfied until we’ve found the perfect match.
Your happiness is our happiness, and we stand by our Quality Guarantee. If the job isn’t done to your satisfaction, just leave it as is, and call us within 48 hours. We’ll come back and make it perfect at no charge. We’ll also take $25 off that service for the inconvenience. If the work was done well, but more time was needed to finish all that you would have liked, we can arrange to schedule more time.
Should you need to reschedule or cancel, please make sure to provide a full 2 business days notice, excluding evenings/weekends when our office is closed. For instance, if your cleaning falls on a Monday, our office must know by the prior Thursday during business hours (9:00am-5:00pm). If less notice is given, a late fee of $25 will be charged if you reschedule to another day. If the appointment is skipped altogether, the late cancellation fee is 50% of the entire cleaning cost. This helps reimburse your cleaner for lost work. Thank you in advance for your understanding!
We have a 2 hour minimum with one cleaner, which is typically the lowest you’ll find in our industry. Most companies our size only work in teams, so they must require a 4+ hour minimum charge to offset drive-time pay for their cleaners. Since our cleaners are trained to work independently, we only require a 2 hour minimum, which can save our clients money.
Feedback is #1. Everyone wants a clean home, but you might be surprised by how widely that vision varies between customers. Please communicate often. You are always encouraged to double check our work – meticulously, even! Please kindly wait until we’ve finished and double checked it first. Tipping is never expected, but always appropriate and appreciated. Typical gratuity ranges anywhere from $5-$30 per cleaner, and can be added via cash or card.
It’s customary to please pick things up off the floor and declutter counters and surfaces, within reason. This allows your cleaner to focus on the nitty gritty dirt and grime. Dishes are considered a daily chore, so please clear your sink and counters of any dirty dishes to the best of your ability. Your cleaner will be happy to move a few dirty dishes out of the way to clean underneath. If picking up and doing dishes are part of why you’ve hired us, we’ll be happy to do those by request!
- Weights – We have a 20 lb. weight limit for safety reasons. We are accustomed to moving smaller items like dining table chairs, small ottomans, etc. to clean under. If you would like any heavier furniture cleaned under, you’re welcome to move it and we’ll be happy to clean under it upon request.
- Heights – We are limited to a 2 foot or shorter step stool and 4 foot maximum ladder. Safety is of the utmost importance to us. The great news is that our cobwebbing tools extend, so we’ll still be able to get most of those pesky cobwebs, except for on very high/vaulted ceilings.
- Clutter – We will work around any higher-clutter areas to the best of our ability. Same with areas being used for storage, like underneath beds and on top of cabinets. We are always happy to customize your cleaning service, so please let our office know if you’d like these types of things removed to clean under and behind.
- Outdoor Areas – Our equipment isn’t designed for cleaning outside surfaces such as patios, decks, rough concrete floors, unfinished basements, garages, exterior windows, etc. If you can provide a broom, we’ll be happy to sweep out any of those areas upon request, only cleaning provided outdoors is blow clean.
- Heavy Hanging Objects – Large artwork, or heavy hanging mirrors that aren’t secured to the wall, are a couple of examples of heavy hanging objects. There is a high risk of both injury to the cleaner and breakage to the object. We’ll be happy to dust the tops of typical picture frames, etc. as usual.
- Fine Artwork – For example, statues or paintings. The first rule of house cleaning is Do No Harm. Please check Yelp for professionals who specialize in cleaning artwork to keep your special treasures pristine. If you have any irreplaceable or very delicate items that you don’t want touched, just let our office know and we’ll update your account.
- Pet Messes/Body Fluids – This includes, but is not limited to: litter boxes, pet messes, bird guano, blood, feces, urine, and overflowed toilets. Cleaning body fluids (including that of our furry friends) requires special BBP certification, which we don’t currently carry.
- Hand Scrubbing Floors – This is a special add-on that we’re happy to do occasionally upon request. Contact our office before your cleaning day to arrange it. Our customers are very happy with their clean floors after we thoroughly vacuum and damp mop them each time or steam mop y preferrable. That said, if it’s important that your floors pass a “wet paper towel test”, you’ll want to add-on a hand scrub. Our only restriction is that we can’t hand scrub all floors every time, for health and safety reasons.
- Mold – Some amount of pink/orange mildew, or even darker mold, is common in most homes in our region. Large amounts of mold in shower areas, on walls, etc. can affect air quality and pose a safety issue. We aren’t able to clean rooms that are heavily affected by mold, or homes with heavy mold infestations indoor only. We highly recommend for all your mold remediation needs to contact a specialist.
- Bugs – We apologize that we aren’t able to offer post-fumigation cleanings. We ask that any bug infestations or fumigation clean-ups are completed in their entirety before we enter a home.
- Fireplaces – The soot/ash from a fireplace will damage our equipment, especially our vacuums. Simply provide a broom and dust pan, and we’ll be happy to sweep out the fireplace upon request.
- Chandeliers – Chandeliers require special training and tools to clean thoroughly and without risk of breaking. While we don’t clean them ourselves, there are some great specialty companies in the area that would be happy to do it for you.
Nope! Only if you want. Most clients prefer to “stay out of the way,” so they can do more fun things before returning home to a sparkling clean house. It’s customary to provide us with a spare key to either keep in a secured lockbox, to bring with us each time, also create a garage code for your crew to use. If you live in an apartment, condo or gated community we will need parking instructions and access stickers or allowance forms. If you prefer, you’re more than welcome to be home, and we’ll be happy to work around you.
Upon receiving your key, we stamp it with a randomly generated key code which makes it identifiable only to those within our company. No name, no address, no nothing. If someone outside of our company came across the key, they would have no way of knowing to whom it belonged. Even more popular is our free lockbox option, which stores your spare key inside. It always stays at the job location, and can also serve as an emergency entry method for your family.
One of our cleaners’ favorite parts about their job is getting to meet the furry members of your family! When you sign up for service, we’ll ask about your pets, so we can be prepared for the escape-artist kitty or unfriendly dog. Our non-toxic products are safe for all types of families and their pets.
OCC, Corp. provides the products and equipment necessary to clean your home. Our products are earth-friendly and completely safe for your surfaces. If you would like us to use a product we do not carry, then please provide that product and we will be happy to use it in your home. We cannot, however, guarantee the safety of products that you provide. For heavy build-up or stains, we may request your permission to use a stronger cleaning agent, which may contain toxins. Please ask our office if you would like more specific information on our products.
We are happy to customize cleanings to fit individual needs. Please communicate these needs to our management staff and we will be happy to accommodate, so long as the requests are for tasks in which our cleaner has been professionally trained. We offer several different types of cleanings tailored to your needs.
Can't find the answer you're looking for? We'd love to hear from you!